These quick and easy beauty tips are brought to you by Christine Wheaton, professional makeup artist, hair stylist, cosmetologist and blogger extraordinaire at Hip Honey Bee.
Whether you’re getting ready with limited time or you are just a low maintenance kind of person, what you want to look for are products that have a dual purpose and are easy to apply.
Here are some of my absolute favorite, must-have, would-die-for items: (Scroll to the bottom for more info and where to get these.)
1. Eye Bright by Benefit. This is sleep in a stick, literally. Draw under the eye before your foundation or concealer for a lit from within glow. Use it in your lower waterline and inner eye corner for an instant pick me up. Draw on your top lash line for a fresh wide eyed natural look. I have even highlighted with it at the eyebrow bone, cheek bone and down the nose. Just amazing.
2. Stila Convertible Color. An adorable, mirrored compact that comes in a variety of flattering colors. I love Peony, a natural pinky flush. This cream is a non-sticky, lipstick/blush duo that applies in a flash and lasts and lasts and lasts. I’ve even used it on my eyes in a pinch–gorgeous!
3. Per-fekt CC Creme Compact. We are going through a bit of a CC/BB cream craze right now in the makeup world. However, this one is formulated from the brand’s long time favorite, Skin Perfection Gel (a liquid foundation.) It goes on smooth, covers just right, hydrates, infuses with anti-aging vitamins and sets to a silky power finish…all in one compact! Oh, not to mention it has SPF 30, a mirror and the easiest applicator known to man–the sponge. It’s worth the price tag.
4. Buxom Full On Lip Tarnish. I have just 3 words for you: built in sharpener. But alright, I’ll continue. This is a moisturizing lip stain gloss that also plumps your lips and has a yummy minty taste and tingle. You can’t beat the ease of a chubby pencil for applying.
5. MAC Pro-longwear Concealer. It’s a concealer that stays on for hours, and it can also double as an eye primer for high impact eyeshadow performance with no creases. Love.
6. Benefit “They’re Real!” Mascara. I’m a wandering mascara gypsy. I try them all, and right now I’m loving this one. The brush is unique with a little sea urchin of a tip that gets every lash in all the hard to reach places. You look WIDE awake and doe eyed. The formula stays put too–you will definitely need a makeup remover for this one.
7. Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten. Hands down the best most favorite eyeshadow of all time. You look at it and think “this thing? How boring!”. But before you know it you have worn it everyday and are down to the bottom of the pot. Basically this vanilla shade just makes everyone look good, goes with anything and is straight-up flattering. It’s natural with just a hint of a fun sparkle.
8. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil. My personal fave for eyeliner because it glides on like butta! You can smudge it easily and then when it sets, it stays put all day, night and even the next day (don’t act like you don’t do it!)
I truly love all these products. They allow me to easily create a flawless fresh look that LASTS and takes only a few minutes to do, and you can’t beat that.